The DEI 556U immobilizer interface module (bypass module) is used when installing a remote starter in vehicles equipped with an RF (Radio Frequency) based immobilizer system. This type of system uses a small chip imbedded in the ignition key, called a transponder, to transmit a very low powered RF signal. This signal is detected through an antenna (or coil) around the ignition switch, which is then sent to the immobilizer’s transceiver.
- Compatible with most alarms for wide-ranging use
- Bypasses factory antitheft systems for using a remote starter
- 2-wire connection for simple installation
- Key-in-the-box design (Requires the use of a spare vehicle key)
- Metal and plastic construction for durability
- Bypasses immobilizer during remote start only
- Simple two-wire connection for easy installation