Terms & Conditions
|1. For Live Internet and Absentee Bidding there is a 14% Buyers Premium added to the total.
2. Chris Unger’s Car Crazy Auction House (Auctioneer) has put forth every effort in preparing the catalog for this auction to provide accurate description of all items. All property is sold “as-is,” and it is the bidder’s responsibility to determine the exact condition of each item. Printed statements or descriptions by staff are provided in good faith and are matters of opinion. Absolutely NO refunds after a 10-day inspection period.
3. All accounts must be settled at the conclusion of the auction. We accept Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express, Pay Pal and wire transfers. Your credit card will be charged for your purchase, plus buyer’s premiums and any taxes. A pre-auction authorization will be performed to establish available credit. Debit cards may show a hold on funds for a short period of time. Nothing will be charged to your card until a purchase is made.
4. In order to better serve our customers, all bidders must provide their name, address, daytime phone number and an email address at which they can be contacted. This is to ensure good communication between Auctioneer and the bidder throughout any transactions.
5. All sales are final. All lots are sold as-is, where-is, with all faults, imperfections and errors of description. Due diligence is the responsibility of the bidder/buyer.
6. By bidding on any item, the bidder shows acceptance of the terms of the auction and Auctioneer.
7. The Auctioneer reserves the right to refuse service to any person or persons.
8. All announcements made day of auction take precedence over any and all written or verbal statements.
9. The Auctioneer has the sole discretion to advance the bidding and may reject a nominal advance, should it in his estimation prove injurious to the auction. The Auctioneer shall be the final judge in all bidding disputes and shall name a bidder as the purchaser.
10. The Auctioneer shall not be held responsible for any missed bids or bids unseen by the Auctioneer or any of their agents.
11. Online auctions move quickly. If you are interested in an item, bid quickly. If you win an item in the auction, you will be notified by email. In order to have enough time to conduct authorization, registration must be completed at least 24 hours in advance of the auction. If it is a multiple day event, 24 hours prior to the first day of the auction. If the day before an auction falls on a holiday or weekend, the deadline is the day before the holiday or the Friday prior to the auction.
12. The purchaser agrees to pay all reasonable attorney fees and costs incurred by the Auctioneer in the collection of funds. The purchaser also agrees that a fee of 2% per month be added to the balance of any unpaid balance due the auction company and any other cost or losses incurred by the purchaser’s failure to adhere to these terms. Any debt collection or dispute proceedings will be heard in Orange County, California.
13. Shipping: The Auction Company ships through the United States Postal Service or UPS. Packing and shipping cost is the responsibility of the buyer and may be quoted before shipping. Fragile or large items may be shipped by a professional shipping company and may result in higher shipping cost. All items will be insured for the purchase price. Our first priority is to deliver your new purchase in excellent condition. All items won online are automatically packed and shipped, unless the auction company has indicated otherwise.
14. Purchase may be removed upon receipt of payment in full. Buyers assume complete responsibility for care of each purchase at time of sale.
15. Not responsible for accidents, thefts, errors or omissions.